Book 23 - Getting stoned with Savages by J. Maarten Troost


Sequel to Pacific Parasite-A-thon, our intrepid explorer now decided to check out Fiji and the surrounding islands

I actually finished this ages ago and just forgot to write my little bit. This book is really fun and entertaining. All my feelings about Troost hold over to this book and I just have to say its a delight to read about his adventures. I still don't want to go anywhere near the hellscapes he describes, but he seems to enjoy them enough. I absolutely love the fact that he spends a good long time talking about the histories and worlds within the islands he visits. It would be easy in his shoes to just write about silly things the islanders did but he takes it much further beyond that.

All I can really say is I enjoyed it cause its a lot like his last book and I suggest you check it out.

-Nems

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
|  Naked Crab Man Returns. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger