Book 12 - Columbine by Dave Cullen


A look back at Columbine and a journalistic story of the events that transpired before, during and after.

Columbine is a subject that illicits a huge response. Its a confused mess of a subject to be honest. Few members of the public know the true story, fewer still know the whole story and only 4 or 5 will ever know everything. And 2 of those are dead. I've had a huge interest in Columbine for a very long time. I realize that makes me sound like a nut but its just, to me, a very interesting topic that has captured me.

I've watched the documentaries and played the RPG thing and all of that. They never answered vital questions on the subject. Micheal Moore's money grabbing attention spree of a documentary just made it harder for me to understand. I even looked over the notebooks and journals released by the authorities but to no avail.

This book explained everything. It opened my eyes to alot of the issues that have since spawned from that day and answered alot of my questions. It has got some confusing, conflicting reviews but from what I know of the tragedy, this is the best book to learn everything there is to know about it. From the killers, to the town, to the people, it explains it all.

2 comments:

Dave Cullen said...

Thanks for the kind words on my book, Nems, and the help getting the word out.

FYI, this short video summarizes the Columbine shooting and the killers’ motives in three minutes. And there's more info at my COLUMBINE site.

NemsMole said...

You're welcome Dave. Sorry I didn't give it a more expansive review, I only really do these things for my own benefit for the most part. There's so much more I could write about it. Your hard work and dedication to the subject really shone through. Loved your writing style too. Dry and to the point without the excessive fluff so common in journalism today.

Thanks for the links, I'll be sure to give them a look.

Post a Comment

 
|  Naked Crab Man Returns. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger